Monday, September 20, 2010

Mexico #3

Back from my trip, and it was awesome. If you want to practice your Spanish, go on a 5 day trip with 9 Mexicans to a small town where your the only white person for at least 100 miles. Definitely a new experience. OK so quick recap, I ate a bunch of tacos, we basically lived off of them the whole trip, celebrated Mexican Independence Day (the Grito is awesome) and danced to some awesome authentic live Mexican music. It was awesome to see fireworks in a place without such strict rules as the US... they were directly above us, and half the fun of watching them was dodging the flaming balls of ash that were raining down on us.

Having said all that, its good to be back home. I finished my work early today and just locked myself in my room and played guitar for about 7 hours straight. Its cool, at times I feel really isolated here, so its kinda become both a relaxing sanctuary and a crazy adventure where everything is new at the same time.

Another bonus, some of the guys I went on the trip with play soccer every Tuesday! So that's where I'll be at 2pm tomorrow.

As to my study (the reason I'm here after all) I had my first day of testing today. I think it went well... its hard to gauge since I'm an engineer and have no experience in the medical world. I just put the pieces together to make the arm and programmed a little black box to measure the angle and play music. I have nothing to go off of to make me confident that it will help people with stroke... but the people that would know these things seem optimistic, so I guess there is that. Oh and if you have no idea what I'm working on, I'll see if I can post some pictures/video tomorrow... might not be able to post a person using the arm due to privacy concerns, but maybe I can demonstrate.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment